Mississauga Digital Dental X-rays Technology
When do I need to have dental x-rays taken?
Tooth decay is the most important reason why Dr. Paul Han will recommend taking an x-ray. Taking routine dental x-rays of the teeth and jaw, will help see what’s going on inside the teeth and surrounding bone.
What problems can digital dental x-rays detect?
- Show areas of decay that may not be visible with an oral examination, especially small areas of decay between teeth
- Identify decay occurring beneath an existing filling
- Reveal bone loss associated with gum disease
- Assist in the placement of dental implants, braces, dentures or other dental procedures
- Reveal infections at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth
- Reveal other developmental abnormalities, such as cysts and some types of tumours